Had this longass, crazy dream... about being part of this military expedition into like this jungle... it all started out as a conquest of some place, but then I realized we were actually eluding a sorceress that was in control of this huge tower in the middle of this lake. We skirted the periphery- this sheer rock wall that ran from the south all along the west of this circular lake... We had a definite platoon- I was a higher-ranking lieutenant or something, though I also felt like a long-range kind of artillary person... but it was a time of swords and sorcery, not a gun-shooting time or anything. Or even if there were guns, because of magic they were pretty ineffective or something. Anyways we overcame many abandoned buildings on some rough-cut plateaus bordering the lake... someone once mentioned something about the sorceress being a character in a familiar book... a book that like everyone read, even though it was a fantasy novel. It was like the first in a series, actually... We ended up in the amazon, and there was all sorts of summoning things all around us.
It's hard to describe- my men knew that these certain insignias carved into the rocks pertained to particular summons, so in essence we stumbled upon what was like a city of the dead, some propheted errr very dramatic place... but we thought they could be allies in our struggles, at least, the right ones. So we activated many and many of these avatars, and at one point I felt the witch was gaining on us. It wasn't even a feeling but a certainty because I had seen a scene of her commanding troops from the war to go specifically after my battalion. So we had some battles with encroaching troops but the advantage was ours because they followed us rather than cut us off- or perhaps they couldn't, because this path we were taking lead to the valley of the dead or whatever, so they were unable to enter it any way but the way we did. So we lost very little men despite it all, still, we felt pressed. There were a few spirits I was close to, as comrades. They were kind of dear to me, I guess, as dear as anyone can be when you don't know if they'll be alive or dead next you see them...
I remember at some point, some of us were like 'summoners' and we had these strange leashes, kind of like hookshots, that the Gods/summons granted us as tokens of our partnership. So we could sling from specifically-tinted rocks (each god had it's own tint) so the more Gods you were friends with (one chick had 3, it was astounding, she was like the head witch in our group, and I had a feeling she was like a sister to me).
So these sorcerers or witches or whatever... idk if I was one of them or if I changed who I was but I experienced it for myself...Anyways at one point we were in like the highest den of the gods. I should also mention that at one point we were assailed by the defenses of people that lived in those ruins- traps that shot arrows at predefined angles, so we had to scurry across in weird ways.... I always thought I was getting hit but somehow I made it despite the sure feeling that I was fucked. The people that lived there... I think they were like sleepers... some of my men wanted to perform sexual acts on them, since they were catatonic almost. I even had the fancy cross my mind at one point when I saw one particular being... they were weirdly human-like in shape and brown in color but more like clay dummies, although they contained a vast amount of life, so much that even sleeping they were reverberating with tension and energy.
I guess my resolve to press forward lulled most of my men from their ... predispositions... so we ended up at this place where we were getting like a shit ton of avatars... We had so many summons that we were mystified when we couldn't get two of them, like it was curious at that point that we weren't able to.
Then the dream changed a lot because I awoke several times, restless... When I came back, I intended to continue along the same dream, but when I got back, it was as if a civilization had sprung up while I was away. There was this huuuuge auditorium of some sorts... it was multileveled and in enormous proportions. But I was able to jump very high and latch on to things still, though limited. So I was able to explore much of these new ruins.
It was almost as a compass, without the periphery circle. So just a plus-sign, I suppose. Though the areas inbetween were filled as well... to an extent. It was all stone architecture like you'd see in Mayan ruins or Aztec/Toltec kind of shit. Almost Egyptian-like in their detail, but of white/grey stone. the 'plus' sign was actually a very low, submerged apex, like a street corner but sunk down like a hundred feet. So the middle level, was held up by pillars expanding outwards from the center of this intersection, like a multi-layered city. It was quite impressive in its enormity. And what was really impressive was that, although the street was down below, and the middle level was filled with tons of statues to summons lining its walls, on these statues and in ledges above them, there was but another level, and that's where the insignias for obtaining the summons here, were.
But it was really weird because in the end I ended up being Bart Simpson, fighting with Lisa in some weird balloon-punching match, like boxing with balloons. I was really scared of her so I had to set a trap just to beat her.
Saturday, November 29, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment